Parent Code of Conduct.
At Rugby Free Primary School, we are extremely fortunate to have supportive and friendly parents who fully support our school. Our parents recognise that educating children effectively is a process that involves a strong partnership between parents, staff and the wider school community. We welcome and encourage parents/carers to participate fully in the life of our school.
This code of conduct reminds all parents and carers about the expected conduct. This is so we can continue to fulfil our vision to enable our children to Aspire to be the best imagined, Achieve great things and Challenge themselves even further.
Our Home School Agreement provides the basis for parent/ carer support, however we also ask that the following guidelines are followed when in school:
- Respect our school ethos whenever on school premises or communicating with the school.
- Understand that school staff and parents need to work together for the benefit of our children.
- Demonstrate that all members of the school community should be treated with tolerance and respect and therefore set a good example in speech, conduct and behaviour.
- Seek to clarify a child’s version of events with the school’s view in order to resolve an issue.
- Correct own child’s behaviour especially where it could lead to conflict or unsafe behaviour.
- Approach a member of school staff to help resolve any concerns, addressing initially with the child’s class teacher then speaking to a member of the Senior Leadership Team if it has not been resolved.
In order to support a peaceful and safe school environment the school cannot tolerate parents or carers:
- Disturbing school staff and trying to speak to them whilst they are supervising children.
- Breaching school security procedures, e.g. entering any parts of school without permission.
- Displaying aggressive or disruptive behaviour of any kind which interferes with or threatens to interfere with our school.
- Using loud or offensive language.
- Threatening any school staff, governor, visitor, fellow parent/carer or pupil.
- Damaging or destroying school property.
- Using physical aggression towards any adult or child.
- Smoking or consuming alcohol or other drugs whilst on school property.
- Approaching someone else’s child in order to discuss the actions of this child towards their own.
Should any of the above behaviour occur on school premises, school leaders are likely to ask the parent/ carer not to return to school premises and may decide it is necessary to contact the appropriate authorities to take further action.
Inappropriate use of Social Media:
Social Media is increasingly being used to inappropriately deal with complaints about schools or to publicly campaign or bring an issue to the attention of the public. Any defamatory, offensive, derogatory comments or cyber bullying regarding Rugby Free Primary School or any of the pupils/parent/staff at our school on Facebook or other social sites will be taken very seriously. It will be expected that any comments deemed inappropriate are removed immediately, otherwise the school will have no option other than to seek legal advice.
We trust that all parents and carers will assist our school with the implementation of this Code of Conduct and we thank you for your continuing support of our school.